0800 433 4576 / 020 8303 7897

FREE Telephone Consultation

At UKFCS Mortgage Specialists we offer a personal level of mortgage, insurance and loan services that are especially tailored to your specific needs.

The Best Advice To Suit Your Needs

Contents Insurance

When home owners take out buildings insurance they will usually find that the same insurance company is able to offer a policy for contents insurance. It is essential to have contents insurance whether the home is owned outright or with a mortgage, or whether the property is being rented. Tenants often forget that they need to provide their own contents insurance. The landlord will usually have a buildings insurance policy to protect the building but this will typically not cover the contents belonging to the tennant.

Contents insurance is really necessary and there is a considerable amount of choice. The policy can have, amongst other items, accidental damage, old for new insurance and even cover for personal property when it is left in a car or damaged or stolen outside of the home. It is important to ensure that all contents are included in the policy and that you make sure that the minimum cover isn't taken. Should there be an accident, or the property has a burglary or any other incident, and the insurance is less than the full value of the contents in the property then the insurance company will only pay a proportion of the claim.

It is surprising how quickly the value of contents mount up so it is well worth taking an inventory of all contents in order to make sure that nothing has been forgotten. Don't forget to include jewellery and any collections (eg. coins or stamps) which can add to the value quite significantly.

It is important to contact brokers who know the various insurance companies and are able to arrange the best policy for your requirements. The experienced consultants at UKFCS Mortgage Specialists will be only too delighted to assist you with the most appropriate contents insurance.

Get An Instant Quote for Contents Insurance

Insurance Cover

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. UKFCS Mortgages Specialists is the trading name of UK Financial Consultancy Services Ltd. UK Financial Consultancy Services Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No.5467810
Registered Office: 33 Darnley Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0SD Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debts secured on it.
The overall cost for comparison is 4.4% however the actual rate will depend on your circumstances.
UK Financial Consultancy Services Ltd operate as an intermediary and are not a principal lender
Our FCA registered number is 435495 and can be found on the regulators website at www.fca.org.uk/register

Our Offices

Kent Office
140A Station Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7AB
Tel: 0800 433 4576 / 020 8303 7897 - Fax: 0800 433 4579
London Office
34 Ely Place London EC1N 6TD
Tel: 0800 4334 576 / 020 3417 2332
Isle Of Wight Office
Ridge House, Upper Hyde Farm Lane, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37 7PS
Tel: 01983 623177